16 ounces penne pasta
5 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, minced
2-3-garlic cloves, minced
1/2-teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
1-cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta until al dente, drain and reserve in a large serving bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, then add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Pour in vodka and stir, and then simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, then simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cream and salt and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add Parmesan cheese and mix in thoroughly, then season with pepper to taste.
7. Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
Just add the fresh basil when you add the cream and salt. (I use light cream to cut down on the fat content.)